At Linten Technologies we have been keeping businesses ahead of the digital curve since 1999. We are valued and trusted by our customers and most see us as part of their team, supporting them as their business grows and develops.
We are a full service IT support provider, operating and hosting our own servers located in a Manchester Data as well as providing and supporting traditional onsite servers.
Our speciality is in the provision of modern hosted desktop environments, mobile working and backup. Most of our clients are based in Greater Manchester, the West Midlands and we cover the areas between them around the M6.
ONSITE SUPPORT TECHNICIAN - Manchester and Walsall, West Midlands
We have a vacancies for an experienced, friendly and self-motivated field IT support technicians in both Greater Manchester and West Midlands areas.
It is expected that you would have some experience of providing great service via a technical support helpdesk.
- Worked in a similar field support role for a minimum of 2 years
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 qualifications are desirable, however, minimum skills required from applicants are Windows 1st line administration skills
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and Group Policies
- Microsoft Office
- LAN networking and firewalls
- Remote working e.g. VPN, Remote Desktop
- Virtualisation Technologies (Citrix/Xen)
- Ethernet Networks IPv4 and IPv6
- Windows Desktop Support (Windows Vista and above)
- Technical Customer Support or Helpdesk experience.
- Owning a car is desirable, however, minimum must have a Full UK driving licence
- Understanding of Hosted Desktop, VoIP, Exchange
- Commercial awareness (How the IT will help the business)
Some of the responsibilities of this position are:-
- Quickly resolving customer issues via ticket/telephone and escalating support requests whenever necessary
- Server configuration and network support/administration
- Managing Backups
- Monitoring all data centre services.
- Managing tasks and liaising with 3rd party contractors.
- Installing and modifying equipment as required, eg, PCs, printers, Phones, switches, etc.
- Deployment of servers.
- Providing a very high level of customer support to match our company ethos.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary range for this role is £18,000 to £26,000 per annum and will be dependent on experience. What's best though is that you get the opportunity to carry out an interesting and challenging role in a growing company. You'll also be part of our friendly and supportive team.
We value long-serving employees and their loyalty is recognised and rewarded through extra holidays.
How to apply
If you have the required skills, experience and personality and are looking for a new role within a fast paced internet environment, then please send us your CV to c...@linten.co.uk along with a covering letter telling us why we should select you.
© 2013 Linten Technologies Ltd. All rights reserved